Latest News

Grain- Free Plantain Waffles

Welcome To RecipesHitz.blogspot.com |
Grain-Free/ Nut-Free Plantain Waffles... Have you lot always had waffles made amongst plantains? Ok, do you lot honor yourself fifty-fifty buying plantains? Well, if you're anything similar me, you lot would last curious to honor out that plantain waffles are possible. Ok, thus these waffles are a fight softer than the traditional crisp waffles.... but waffles nevertheless:). Actually, they do crisp upwardly rather nicely if you lot identify them inwards the toaster oven to bake further.

The offset fourth dimension I had plantain waffles was perhaps nearly a one-half twelvemonth ago, when my married adult man together with I were visiting family. We had on overnight flying together with were arriving early on inwards the morning time hours. My sister-in-law greeted us amongst these freshly made together with delicious plantain waffles. Along amongst maple syrup together with some neat java nosotros were laid upwardly for the day. 

I was thus amazed amongst the waffles that I knew I was going to brand them when I got home. While my sister-in-law used some almond butter together with another practiced stuff, I cause got provided the basic recipe.You tin flame adjust to your liking past times adding some chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.

Yes, these waffles are gluten-free, together with incorporate no flour of whatever kind. While these are neat for breakfast equally a sweetness alternative, you lot tin flame easily plough them into something a fight to a greater extent than savory... together with serve them when you lot postulate some type of  "bread". I intend they'd last peculiarly practiced equally a sandwich, for those days when you lot postulate something on the go. 

I should mention, that if you lot don't cause got a waffle maker... you lot tin flame simply plough them into pancakes:). Hope you lot enjoy...


Ingredients: adapted from PaleoMom

iii large green * plantains (about two cups pureed), mine were on the modest side together with I used 4
iv large eggs
two tsps vanilla 
iii TBS extra virgin kokosnoot oil/butter, I used a combination
two TBS kokosnoot sugar, can last optional, you lot tin flame add together to a greater extent than if you lot like
1/8 tsp salt, or to taste
½ tsp baking soda
cinnamon, nutmeg, or whatever other flavorings you lot like

*Note:While I specify light-green plantains, I've equally good made the waffles using somewhat yellowish plantains, which equally good works...  in representative you lot purchase the light-green together with don't instruct the peril to brand the waffles together with thus together with there:)

Directions:

1. Quarter together with pare plantains. 
2. Place plantain pieces inwards blender together with blend till smooth, or until consistency of play-dough. 
3. Add eggs together with blend i time to a greater extent than till you lot instruct a smoothen batter.
4. Add the balance of the ingredients to the blender together with procedure on high for an additional 1-2 infinitesimal or until you lot instruct a actually practiced smoothen batter.
5. Preheat waffle maker together with add together nearly 1/2 loving cup batter, or equally much/ petty equally your  waffle maker takes. 
6. Repeat amongst remaining batter.
7. Serve amongst maple syrup together with fruits if desired.