Latest News

Superman Chocolate Mousse Cake amongst Milo Chiffon Cake 超人巧克力慕思美禄戚风蛋糕

Welcome to RecipesHitz.blogspot.com |






I am hence hapless I didn't continue upward my hope to take in the blogs that I supposed to be. During my trip , I rarely direct keep times to role my shout out upward , hence blogging is totally impossible. We brought ipad , mini ipad , tablet to the trip afraid nosotros mightiness struggle using it but halt upward , nosotros hardly role whatever of them fifty-fifty my kids lol. After dorsum from the trip , the sickness that attacked me earlier my trip recurred 1 time to a greater extent than together with it took 1 calendar week summation to recover. Now , waiting for my ENT engagement to direct keep a thorough check. 

I demand to brand iii birthday cakes for beloved boy , 1 to celebrate inward schoolhouse , 1 to celebrate amongst my mum , 1 to celebrate at home. One of the cake , beloved boy requested Superman. Lazy me , together with also to clear the going to expire non dairy whipping cream , I decided all the cake ornament volition move using cream piping , instead of the fondant cake that I planned initially.

As park , I did non create a practiced project on the pipping of cream , also rush , I woke upward at 4am+ , made this entire cake + breadstuff baking. Ya ya I know , I am also greedy , equally ever , hopping to maximize my available fourth dimension :p. 
I miscalculated the mousse cake setting fourth dimension which I did non permit the mousse cake has direct chances to laid to hard earlier I tin create all the ornament together with of course of educational activity , most importantly , the photograph shooting. Moreover , I demand to carry this cake to my mum delineate of piece of occupation solid , which is thirty mins journeying away from my house. Poor Superman cake.... hahaha... By the fourth dimension I reached my mum's delineate of piece of occupation solid , it was almost 1pm which initially , I idea I tin accomplish yesteryear 11am , my mum was waiting for the luncheon I bought for her together with my sister was waiting for my kids to convey them out lol. 

For the cake base of operations , I made a milo favor hence that I tin give Zoe together with Mui Mui a back upward on their hosting of Little Thumbs Up.

Well , times genuinely wing , September is coming to the halt shortly together with Oct , volition move my super busy calendar month again. Beside preparing for the QBR for my move , I volition move the host of Little Thumbs Up Oct topic - Coconut. Do give us roughly back upward yesteryear joining this event.


Milo Chiffon Cake : 7" circular cake pan , recipe alteration from hither together with here.
Ingredients :
3 egg yolks
25g oil
1/8 tsp salt
20g cake/ give flour
25g milo powder
10g rice flour
40g chocolate milk

3 eggwhites
40g caster sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar 


Method :
1. Sift cake/top flour together with rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks together with carbohydrate inward a bowl , whisk till carbohydrate has dissolved.
3. Add inward crude oil , common salt together with milk together with mix well.
4. Sift inward the flour together with whisk well.
5.In roughly other bowl , trounce the egg whites together with lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add inward carbohydrate gradually together with trounce until approaching rigid peaks (meringue stand upward direct amongst a lilliputian bend at the tip) or till rigid peaks (this phase is a fleck hard to crease amongst egg yolk mixture). 

6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a fleck , together with then direct keep 1/3 of meringue together with role a mitt whisk to mix good amongst egg yolk batter.
7. Fold inward 1/2 of meringue together with role a silicone spatula , gently crease amongst egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold inward the residuum meringue together with gently crease till good combined.
8. Pour the batter from a considerable meridian into cake pan , lightly milkshake it left together with right to score the cake , together with then gently bang the cake pan on the tabular array give to let on air bubbles.
 

9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 120C at middle rack for 25 mins together with 156C for 15-20 mins. (I off the give oestrus chemical gene together with on it dorsum during the final 15-20 mins)
10. Remove the cake pan from oven , drib it from high side to preclude the cake shrink also much during cool process.
11. Turn the cake pan upside downwards together with cool completely earlier take from the cake pan. 


Chocolate Mousse : yield close 580g mousse cream , recipe modified from Butter , Flour together with Me.
Ingredients :
50g dairy whipping cream 
50g milk
1 or 20g egg yolk
150g couverture chocolate 56% 

150g non dairy whipping cream (I used dairy whipping cream together with added inward icing carbohydrate to stabilize the cream)

Method :
1. Place the 50g whipping cream together with milk inward a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering H2O , oestrus until hot. take from burn together with laid a side.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until pale , piece of cake add together inward the heated cream together with mix well.
3. Place the chocolate inward a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering H2O , stir until melted. Remove bowl from oestrus together with laid aside to cool slightly.
4. Add the melted chocolate piece of cake into (2) mixture together with mix well.
5. In a split bowl , whip cream together with icing carbohydrate until thickened or rigid phase (be careful non to over-beat). 
6. Slowly pour inward the chocolate mixture together with mix well.

* As I saw the book of the whipped cream was definitely non sufficient hence I but added inward to a greater extent than , full 300g whipping cream together with 70g icing carbohydrate that I used. I had no fourth dimension to railroad train the custard mixture which the ratio is genuinely non right that causing my chocolate mousse non able to laid good fifty-fifty I set inward freeze for to a greater extent than than vi hours. The mousse soften together with melted pretty fast later on I took it out from the freezer.

As I misused 8" circular cake pan hence this amount of cream is non sufficient for iii layers cake , I tin alone made ii layers.


Chocolate Ganache Topping 
100g chocolate
30g whipping cream
20g butter

- Double boil the chocolate , cream together with butter until mix good together with smooth.


To Assemble:
1 , Slice the milo chiffon cake horizontally into ii pieces.
2. Place 1 spell of the cake into the cake pan (I am using removable base of operations cake pan) , pour 1/3 of the chocolate mousse on it. (For my illustration , I pour 1/2)
3. Place roughly other spell of cake on give of the chocolate mousse , pour the residuum one-half chocolate mousse on it. Repeat the steps until finish.
4. Pour the chocolate ganache on the give of the cake.
5. Freeze the cake for at to the lowest degree iv hours together with remove the cake from the cake pan. 

As I demand to pipage the cream on the cake equally per beloved son's requested of superman cake , I freeze the cake for 1 hr+ , drew the outline of Superman's logo , used 150-200g non dairy whipped cream to pipage out the logo. Then set dorsum to the freezer till laid , take from cake pan together with serve.

Apologise for non able to demo the milo chiffon cake pix equally it was assembly when the heaven was nonetheless nighttime , together with I was rushing to instruct the cake done ASAP. Thinking that I am able to direct keep the mousse cake interior pix but halt upward , I didn't direct keep direct chances to direct keep the pix when serving the cake equally the chocolate mousse melted quite fast hence I but rapidly served it out. And didn't know it was hence delicious that I am non able to continue 1 spell for adjacent solar daytime photo-taking.


Verdict?
My boy loves the cake , he fifty-fifty article of apparel his Superman adapt to fit amongst the cake lol. The milo chiffon cake is a fleck also sweetness for me , tin cutting downwards the carbohydrate farther likely yesteryear 10g. It has alone a hint of milo sense of savour , non really strong. For the chocolate mousse , definitely delicious fifty-fifty though due to my increased of whipping cream that caused it to melt hence fast. Next fourth dimension gonna endeavour it inward the right ratio.




littlethumbups1-1Milo
organised together with Hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY