Latest News

Fresh Strawberry Pie

Welcome To RecipesHitz.blogspot.com |

I ever recall having Shoney's strawberry pie for particular occasions growing up. It was my dad's favorite thus my mom would larn it for father's day, his birthday in addition to sometimes equally a surprise for him.  My specific memories of it are from our onetime identify that I exclusively lived inwards until I was 7. I've ever wondered if at that topographic point was a skillful recipe for it in addition to later looking through thus many I was hopeful that this ane would operate out! And it totally did! Gray was a consummate skeptic when I was telling him most this recipe, in addition to thus he tasted it in addition to at ane time he wants me to become far for his birthday! Ha! This recipe is adapted from Sugar Apron.

nine inch pie crust (homemade or shop bought in addition to cooked according to directions)
five cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 loving cup water
1 loving cup sugar
iii tbsp cornstarch
1 3oz box Strawberry Jello
1 loving cup heavy cream
iii tbsp powdered saccharide

Place the sliced strawberries downward inwards the bottom of the cooked in addition to cooled pie crust. Whisk together the saccharide in addition to cornstarch.  Place inwards a pot in addition to stir inwards the water. Bring to a boil in addition to thus plough downward estrus in addition to whisk for several minutes equally the mixture. When the mixture has thickened upward whisk inwards the strawberry jello. Pour over the strawberries. Refrigerate the pie until it is set. Place the heavy cream downward inwards a bowl. Add the powdered saccharide in addition to thus using in addition to electrical mixture compaction until it forms strong peaks. Spread over the pie. Keep refrigerated until laid upward to serve.