Latest News

Pumpkin Kueh Sago amongst Coconut Filling 珍珠南瓜粿 LTU #29

Welcome to RecipesHitz.blogspot.com |















I am non a kueh lover , the savory kueh I volition dig $ out from bag to buy occasionally volition hold upwardly presently kueh , too sugariness ones volition hold upwardly ix layers kueh too ang ku kueh amongst peanut filling. For so many years , I never intend of making kueh myself until lately , peculiarly for sugariness ones too peculiarly afterwards these purple sugariness white patato gems , Now , I am so dandy to brand kueh , I started to larn search for types of kueh to brand too the recipes. Too bad that kokosnoot subject is going to halt presently , if non the adjacent residuum of the posts should hold upwardly all virtually kueh hahaha....

I intend these kueh are special too pretty , at to the lowest degree I didnt encounter it normally at stores , thence thinking to try it myself since the ingredients too steps are non complicate for me.

The dough is a fleck likewise dry out , when I used mixer to compaction the dough , it broken into pieces that cannot stick together. So I added to a greater extent than or less pumpkin juice too used hands to knead instead.


Recipe adapted from  厨苑食谱

Ingredients A:
125g glutinoud rice flour
1 tsp wheat starch
1 tsp caster sugar
1 1/2 tbsp kokosnoot crude
150g mashed pumpkin   

Ingredients B:
50g sago (soak sago inwards H2O for 10minutes , dish out , drained too operate on aside.)
some banana leafage (cut banana leafage into circular shapes)

Filling:
100g shredded immature coconut + 30g chocolate-brown saccharide (mix well)


Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients , knead to cast a smoothen dough , so embrace it amongst a moisture cloth.
2. Divide the dough into thirteen portions , each virtually 23g , too cast dough into ball shapes , flatten the dough amongst a rolling pin. Spoon inwards to a greater extent than or less filling , wrap good too cast into ball again.
3.  Coat dough amongst sago , house it on a banana leaf.

4. Steam kueh sago over hot boiling H2O over high rut for seven minutes until cooked. 


Verdict?
The kueh are so pretty , I precisely just love the hold back of the kueh , fifty-fifty dearest married adult man also praised the outlook of the kueh , told me should cause got the earlier too afterwards steam photos lol. 

The kueh is soft too chewy , sense of savor squeamish amongst the kokosnoot fillings. Overall the kueh is non sugariness at all , fifty-fifty the fillings , so saccharide marking tin increase a fleck for me but for sugariness molar , must increase more.  Next fourth dimension , I volition try position inwards to a greater extent than or less gula melaka bits which I intend volition sense of savor fifty-fifty amend heeheehee



littlethumbups1-1Coconut
and hosted yesteryear Jess of